Aims and Objectives of conference
Aim: To valorise the key outcome of the project to the main target groups in Portugal in a sustainable manner
Participants will be able to:
• Recognise and validate the needed key competences and skills for being a successful culture volunteer in sparsely populated communities.
• Interpret and understand the main challenges to make our marginal areas more attractive and how voluntary culture can make a difference.
• Explore issues related to local culture activities with an added value for civic and democratic participation, community bonding and local identity.
• Apply efficient ways of outreach and appropriate guidance and delivery of support to the engaged culture volunteers.
1) The direct target audience, i.e. learning providers (leaders, board members, consultants, and other paid and voluntary learning facilitators) from the voluntary associations in the cross-cultural sector of amateur arts, voluntary culture and heritage in Portugal.
2) The indirect target audience, including:
a) The public culture institutions;
b) The cultural/leisure time departments in the Municipalities;
c) Representatives from other civil society associations or local NGO's in the areas of social, humanitarian, and welfare activities;
d) Private stakeholders from the local commerce associations, other private businesses and local media;
e) Research institutions of culture and education related to the interdisciplinary subjects of rural development, voluntary culture and civil society capacity building;
f) Other appropriate decision-makers and multipliers.
Biblioteca Municipal de Lousada
1. Artur Pinto – Presentation of SPAR project methodologies and main results. [Download]
2. Luís Sousa – Contribution of SPAR project to the dinamization of “Cais Cultural de Caíde de Rei” [Download]
3. Luís Peixoto - Contribution of SPAR project to the dinamization of “Associação os amigos de Tongobriga” [Download]
Workshop/Breakout session topics
1. Alexandrina Romero - Presentation of case study 1 “Jangada Teatro”
2. Júlia Anileiro - Presentation of case study 2 “Academia Ludoscience”